Tonight is your last chance to win a slice of the €700 million jackpot on the New Year Epiphany Lottery “El Niño”. Here is the ultimate guide to everything you need to know about Spanish lotto El Niño and how to win.
What is El Niño?
El Niño, or the Spanish Epiphany Lottery, is one of the biggest lottery draws in the world, with the 2021 prize fund currently set at €700 million. El Niño is the little brother to Spanish Christmas lotto El Gordo and is seen as a “second chance” lottery to all players that didn’t win a prize on the El Gordo Christmas lottery.
When is El Niño?
El Niño is drawn on Wednesday (Tomorrow!) 6th January 2021, to celebrate Epiphany or “Kings Days” as it is known in Spain. Don’t miss out! Be sure to buy your tickets with All The Best Lottos to take part in the biggest January lottery in the world!https://allthebestlottos.com/raffle/loteria-nacional-elnino
Lotto tip! El Niño lotto is one of the few lotteries not to be held at night! Instead, this lottery takes place at midday (12 pm) CET time on the day of Epiphany, commonly known as “Kings day” in Spain.
How do I play El Niño?
The El Niño New Year Spanish lottery is run on a traditional raffle system. To play, simply choose the number of tickets you want and each individual ticket will contain a 5-digit number. That number is your ticket for the raffle!
How many tickets are there for El Niño this year?
45 tickets of each raffle number (00.000 – 99.999) have been issued for the 2021 El Niño Spanish Epiphany Lottery Draw, so, as each ticket consists of ten tenths, for each raffle number there are 450 tenths.
How much can I win on El Niño?
The 2021 El Niño Spanish Lottery prize fund is set at €700M euros. The New Year Lottery prizes are announced starting from the smallest prize and leading up to the jackpot. Chances of winning a prize on El Niño is 35 for every 100 tickets sold, a significantly higher winning rate than other lotteries. Chances of winning the El Niño jackpot are 1 in 100,000.
Prize breakdown per full ticket
- €2 Million (“El Gordo”) To win the top prize known as “El Gordo” you must match all 5 numbers on your raffle ticket.
- €750,000 (Second prize) To win 2nd prize you must match all 5 numbers on your raffle ticket.
- €250,000 (Third prize) To win 3rd prize you must match all 5 numbers on your raffle ticket.
- €3,500 (Fourth prize) This prize is drawn twice! To win the 4th prize you must match 4 numbers on your raffle ticket.
- €1,000 (Fifth prize) This prize is drawn 14 times! To win the 5th prize you must match 3 numbers on your raffle ticket.
- €200 (La Pedrea – The Pebble prize) This prize is drawn 5 times! To win the 6th prize you must match 2 numbers on your raffle ticket.
Payout per “decimo” or “tenth”
- 1st place – €200,000 per tenth
- 2nd place – €75,000 per tenth
- 3rd place – €25,000 per tenth
- 4th Prize (two chances to win with 4 numbers) – €350
- 5th Prize (14 chances to win with 3 numbers) – €100
- 6th Prize (5 chances to win with 2 numbers) – €40
Other Spanish lotteries
Don’t forget to check out other great Spanish lotteries, including Bonoloto, which can be played every day except Sunday!
Don’t forget to try your luck before time runs out on the El Niño draw Wednesday 6th January 2021.