A lot of people want to know the best ways to ensure they win the biggest prizes when playing the lottery. Here are some of our best tips for playing to win, as well as some handy guides to help you along the way!
1. Pick the Most Played Numbers!
Contrary to popular belief, it’s not a good idea to play rare numbers. We recommend always choosing the most common numbers to play.
2. Be Sure to Have a Number in Every Category!
Don’t use consecutive numbers like 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, where the odds are lower. Instead, be sure to space out your numbers by picking from across the board. We recommend always having a number in the 10s, 20s and 30s.
3. Read the Odds!
Before playing any lottery it’s important to know your odds of winning. Click here to see the odds for all games. Some lotteries have higher odds than others that give you a greater chance of being a lottery winner!
4. Check Who is Playing!
Lotteries with large jackpots bring pretty big crowds come drawing time, whilst smaller lotteries get overlooked. Don’t forget to try playing the smaller lotteries on offer, as you’ll probably have a greater chance of winning a prize. You can check out the Full List of Lotteries to ensure your get the biggest bang for your buck!
5. Don’t Forget to Play!
It’s easy to remember when the big draws come around, but also important to play when the jackpots have rolled over too! Fewer people play with smaller jackpots, which means you have a higher chance of snagging the top prize!
6. Don’t Forget to Check Your Ticket!
At All The Best Lottos, when you play with us we always send you your numbers and ALWAYS tell you when you’ve won a prize, so you never need to worry about which pocket you’ve left your ticket in, or whether your 5-year-old has decided to use your winning ticket as a colouring book!
7. Be Aware of Scams!
At All The Best Lottos we always want to keep you safe, which is why we’re always hot on being aware of Scammers.
- Beware of Unexpected Emails. Have you received an email from a service you have not signed up for? Never respond to an email unless you are sure where it came from.
- Always Make Sure the Email Account is Legit. Official Lottery services will always use professional company addresses to contact you. Never respond to personal email accounts that claim to be lottery providers.
- Be Aware of Fees. You should never have to pay any transfer charges or processing payments to receive your prize money. At All The Best Lottos we will never charge you any fees for receiving your prize money. That money will always be 100% yours.
- It’s Never “Just between us”. If you receive an email saying you’ve won a prize but to “keep it a secret” or “keep this quiet”. This is a method used by illegitimate businesses that want to prevent this scam from being known online.
- Check the Game Name is Legit. Some Scammers pretend to be legitimate lotteries but may have some name inconsistencies.